Police are offering victims the chance to reclaim their stolen property from an ‘Aladdin’s cave’ of items recovered during a raid.
The statues, ornaments, plant pots, plinths, benches and other garden items were seized following the execution of a theft warrant at Mellishaw Caravan Park in Morecambe by the police planned response team last week.
A 36-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of theft by finding and has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
The operation was carried out following an investigation into the theft of a golden boy statue, which has since been returned to its owner.
Officers have now released photos of items confiscated during the raid in the hope that they may be recognised by those who rightfully own them.
PC Ben Hanley, Lancaster Police, said: “If someone recognises an item that they believe to be theirs then they should get in touch with us and we will seek proof that it is theirs before it is returned.
“It is a good idea for people who have valuable items in their gardens to take photos of them and also mark them with their postcode so if they are unfortunately stolen but then recovered, officers have a way of finding out who owns them.”
To help keep valuable items in gardens, sheds and garages safe, home owners are also advised to -
- Put away all tools and equipment when they are finished with.
- Use a strong padlock to secure sheds and outbuildings.
- Lock garages when they are not in use.
- Keep shrubs, hedges and large plants cut back.
- Keep boundary fences, walls and gates in good repair.
- Keep an eye on your neighbour's property and encourage them to do the same for you.