The main criteria which applicants should consider before applying is as follows:
- A Grant limit of £500 per applicant
- Only one successful application per applicant per year allowed
- Organisations must operate/provide a service within the six wards of the Parished Area. Where an application is for a service that operates outside of the Area, applicants must provide documented evidence of how this benefits the Parished Area and/or how many members/attendees reside within it
- No retrospective applications permitted
- Applications are to fund Festivals and Events; pay salaries; for an individual (legislation does not permit a Parish/Town Council to support an individual); to fund a political party; or to fund a profit making organisation
Applicants must provide with application accounts and balance sheets, constitutions and original receipts.
As the Town Council is eligible to claim back its VAT, organisations are also requested to make invoices for purchases payable to: Morecambe Town Council. Where this is not applicable, Grants will only be paid upon original receipts for purchases being submitted to and checked by the Town Clerk.
The Town Council reserves the right to refuse an application if it is believed to duplicate a service already provided within the Town. If permissions are needed for the item(s) on the application form, this must be gained prior to it being submitted. Failure to do this may result in your application being refused.
Applicants are invited to attend the meeting when their application is discussed, this can be beneficial to answer any questions the Sub-Committee may have.
Application forms for funding may be obtained from the Town Clerk, David Croxall by telephoning (01524) 422929 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or from the Town Council’s website at www.morecambe.gov.uk. Application forms set out the criteria and requirements of organisers in detail. Questions and queries on the process should be addressed through the Town Clerk as set out above.
• Applications may be submitted by post or email and the closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st July, 2012. Applications received after the advertised deadline may not be considered.