The conference will be 9.30-2.00 on Saturday 22nd September 2012, at the Friends Meeting House, Lancaster, to discuss the following:
- To share best practice
- To discuss common problems and issues e.g volunteer recruitment.
- To explore ways of sharing resources eg expertise
- To gain ideas and inspiration from what others have done
- To improve our mutual understanding and working relationship with the City Council and other land owners
- To Identify opportunities to enhance the district further
- To give Lancaster City and County Councils an opportunity to learn from our greenspace groups
- To celebrate the achievements of our voluntary groups in enhancing green spaces in the district.
The organisers have brought together some speakers with extensive experience who have battled with many of the same issues that many Greenspace groups have. These include Andy Goldring, CEO of the Permaculture Association, and David Redmore who is leading the design process for Ryelands Park in Lancaster, and Regents Park in Morecambe.
There will also be representatives from Lancaster City Council and award-winning voluntary groups in the district on hand.
• To register your place, please complete the on-line survey at: http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/968304/Greenspace-groups-conference-2012. There are only 45 conference places available so we will need to limit places to two or three per group. Committee members will be given priority over general volunteers,
This conference is organised by Lancaster Green Spaces, registered charity no 1046701. Our Objects are: The preservation, enhancement and maintenance of public areas and amenities in the City of Lancaster for the benefit of the public.