Thursday, 10 January 2013

Heysham M6 Link decision in March

The government has confirmed a decision on the Heysham M6 Link will be made by March.

Responding to questions in the House of Commons from Morecambe MP David Morris Simon Chelmsford, speaking for the Secretary told him: "The design and operation of the revised M6 junction 34, including the proposed Halton Link Road, was examined as part of Lancashire county council's application for development consent for the Heysham to M6 Link scheme.

"The Secretary of State for Transport... received the examining authority's report on this scheme last month and we are considering carefully his conclusions and recommendation. Under the Planning Act 2008 we are under a duty to decide the application by 19th March 2013."

His tone of reply suggests the the Bypass plan looks set to go ahead.

"Subject to the successful completion of all remaining statutory procedures and procurement, Lancashire county council estimate the construction will start in July 2013," he said, " and that the scheme will open in December 2015."

No comments: