|Lancaster with its old bridge by an unknown artist, held by Lancaster City Museum|
Your Paintings aims to show the entire UK national collection of oil paintings and water colours, the stories behind the paintings, and where to see them for real. It is made up of paintings from thousands of museums and other public institutions around the country and you can search through it by artist, subject, location or individual gallery or museum.
It's an incredible endeavour, with 21,000 paintings featured so far, including art from several local museums and galleries, including the two very different images of Lancaster and its old bridge featured here, the first by an unknown artist painted in about 1750 and this one attributed to Robert W. Salmon, painted around 1790.
|Lancaster with its old bridge atributed to Robert W. Salmon, held by Lancaster City Museum|
The Public Catalogue Foundation is a registered charity set up to create a complete record of the United Kingdom's national collection of oil, tempera and acrylic paintings and make this accessible to the public.
• Your Paintings: Lancashire Galleries
Local Gallery Links
• Your Paintings: Ashton Memorial
• Your Paintings: Duke of Lancaster's Own Yeomanry Museum
• Your Paintings: The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment, Lancashire Infantry Museum
• Your Paintings: The Judges Lodgings
• Your Paintings: King's Own Royal Regiment Museum
• Your Paintings: Lancaster City Museum
• Your Paintings: Lancaster Maritime Museum
• Your Paintings: Lancaster University Management School
• Your Paintings: Lancaster Town Hall
• Your Paintings: Morecambe Town Hall
• Your Paintings: The Peter Scott Gallery, Lancaster University
• Your Paintings: The Ruskin Library, Lancaster University
• Your Paintings: hire Hall, Lancaster Castle