Among the many items on offer are:
- a luxury box for four, with lunch and drinks, for a home match at Preston North End
- a sail on Windermere, a drive in a Ferrari or a 1923 Sunbeam, a canoe on Lancaster Canal, or a round of golf for four people
- art work by local artists Jon Sparks, David Herrod, Sue Mitchell and Helen Hicks
- guitar, violin, art and pottery lessons
- food and drink from Teatro, Atkinsons' Music Room/The Hall, or a home-made Indian meal for six
- tickets for Robin Hood in Williamson Park, or Heritage Opera's Magic Flute
- a mini-break at Halton Co-Housing including a guided tour
- a will or power of attorney drawn up by a local solicitor
“People, both individuals and businesses, have been wonderfully generous in their promises, and we have a great selection of items on offer," says Sue Nieduszynska, who has organised the auction, " including luxury items for a very special day out and others which will appeal to people with less to spend.
"Our auctioneer, Graeme Kirk, is very well known and highly experienced, and it will certainly be a fun evening for everyone.”
All proceeds will go to the Fairfield Association's funds for Flora, the new nature reserve adjoining Fauna, the Association's first reserve which opened in late 2011.
The land that will comprise the Flora Nature Reserve has been bought by the Association through the generous donations of members of local communities working together, helped by a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
Once Flora is landscaped and restored, Lancaster will be in the unique position of having a combined nature reserve of nearly 50 acres within a few minutes' walk of the City centre.
Funds raised by the auction will be used for landscaping works. Natural England has already promised funds for wildlife friendly farming and conservation, but the Association is now fundraising for a footpath, suitable for push chairs and wheel chairs, leading to seats from which people will be able to enjoy the extensive views of the Castle and Priory and the hills beyond.
• The full auction catalogue can be viewed at: www.fairfieldassociation.org/files/AuctionCatalogue.pdf (PDF)
Event tickets and advance bidding: sueATnieduszynski.org
Auction date: Saturday June 8th, 7pm for 7.30pm
Venue: The Gregson Centre, Moor Lane, Lancaster