The Highways Agency is proceeding with its project is taking place to repair bridges carrying the M6 over local roads, with work near Junction 33 starting on 9th December.
The work involves routine concrete repairs and installing new safety barriers along the southbound carriageway just north of Junction 33.
The work is due to be completed by Friday 20 December. Some lane closures and a 50mph speed limit will be in place.
• Real-time traffic information for England’s motorways and other strategic roads is available, including access for mobile phone users. Do not use your mobile phone while driving - it is illegal. Before using any mobile,
find a safe place to park. Never stop on the hard shoulder of a motorway
except in an emergency.
- From the web at www.highways.gov.uk/traffic or from a phone or mobile device at m.highways.gov.uk
- By phone from the Highways Agency Information Line on 0300 123 5000 at any time. (Calls to 03 numbers are charged at no more than a national call to an 01 or 02 number and are included in all discount schemes and call allowances. This applies to all landlines, mobiles and payphones. Call costs will vary depending on your landline or mobile supplier.)
- On an iPhone app which will automatically select the region you are in. Free to download from the iTunes store or search for Highways Agency on your device.
- From Twitter – there are eight feeds with live traffic information provided by region. For information on roads in the North West follow us at @HAtraffic_nwest or for the full index visit www.highways.gov.uk/twitter