Tuesday, 31 December 2013
The Really Heavy Greatcoat Review of the Year 2013
The Really Heavy Greatcoat by myself and Lancaster-based artist Nick Miller was published fairly regularly for about 20 years in alternative Lancaster print titles such as On The Beat and Off the Beat and online on virtual-lancaster.net.
The strip's last regular appearance in print was in the now defunct Comics International.
When last seen in a regular strip, Kevin, the current owner of the Greatcoat - a talking garment with transcendentally dimensional pockets - was a student. He was clearly not postgraduate material so Nick and I reckon he's in a bedsit in Skerton, Lancaster somewhere, eking out a life on benefits...
If anyone ever offered to pay us to write it, it might still be running today - but Nick still creates an annual Review of the Year, bless him!
Happy New Year!
• More by Nick Miller at: http://teamsputnikblog.blogspot.com
• Greatcoat Review of the Year 2012
• Greatcoat Review of the Year 2011
• Greatcoat Review of the Year 2010
• Greatcoat Review of the Year 2009
• Greatcoat Review of the Year 2008
• More Really Heavy Greatcoats on the original downthetubes web site