A number of car parks in Lancaster will be closed for this year’s city centre cycle race on Wednesday 6th August, organised by Lancaster Cycling Club.
LC3 (Lancaster City Centre Crits) will be taking place in the residential area adjacent to Dalton Square.
Lancaster City Council is helping to facilitate the event by closing the following car parks:
- Charter House, Moor Mills 1, 2 and 3 from 6.00pm on Tuesday August 5 until 1.00am on Thursday 7th August
- Nelson Street from 5.00pm on Wednesday 6th August until 1am on Thursday 7th August
Anyone who lives or travels through the area where the cycle race is taking place should be aware roads in this area will be closed so should plan ahead and make alternative arrangements. Roads which will be closed on Wednesday August 6 to enable the event to take place are:
- Dalton Square, Friar Street, Bulk Street, Bryer Street and Sulyard Street from 9.00am
- Robert Street and St Peter’s Road from 12.00pm
- George Street, Quarry Road, Nelson Street and Moor Lane from 5.45pm
The first race in the event will start at 6.30pm and the last finishes around 9.00pm.
• For more information visit the event website – www.lc3.org.uk