Friday 23 May
The festival kicks off on Friday evening, 23 May with Alan Anderson's Whisky for Dafties at 7:30pm at The Hall, 10 China Street. Six malt whiskies to be tasted, many laughs to be had. Sample some fine beverages whilst Alan Anderson fills you in on the history, methodology and lore of this great drink. A hilarious hour of educational drinking! Tickets are £10 - Click here to buy your ticket (+£1 bf). Strictly over 18s. Other beverages are available!
Saturday 24 May
- The General (U) - Family Fun Film Classic 11am - The Dukes A digitally restored new release of Buster Keaton's 1926 classic comedy. Keaton stars as an engineer who risks life and limb to recover his beloved train. Tickets: £3 - Click here to buy your ticket (+47p bf).
- Faces of Disco. Market Gate 11:30am - Sun Square 1pm - Penny Street 2:30pm. Live finalists on ITV's Britain's Got Talent are bringing their high energy unique comedy dance act to Lancaster. Great performers not to be missed!
- Strong Lady. Penny Street 12:15pm - Market Gate 1:45pm - Sun Square 3:15pm A genuine strong lady, Betty Brawn presents an exhilarating array of feats of strength as she tears thick romantic novels, twists solid metal, snaps steel chains and shatters gender cliches.
- Betty Balloon Cheapside 11:30pm / 1pm / 2:30pm Betty Balloon is not just any balloon artists, creating characters from balloon sculptures and telling captivating stories! Come along and you could even take part with balloon props and costumes!
- Circus Workshop St Nicholas Arcades 11:30am - 3:30pm Circus skills workshops give everyone a chance to try out different circus skills like juggling, hula hooping and Diablo! Taught by professional experienced performers.
- The Lancashire Hotpots 8pm - The Dukes If you like a good night out, get your flat caps and 'weskits' ready for loads of comedy songs about chippy teas, shopmobility scooters as well as how to smuggle your own sweets into the cinema. Tickets: £14 - Click here to buy your ticket (+£1 bf)
- LUCI at the Library. 8pm The Sanctuary, Lancaster Library Join the Lancaster University Comedy Institute and sample some of the finest emerging stand-up talent on the market. Tickets: £3 - Click here to buy your ticket (+10% bf) Licensed bar at the venue. Strictly over 18s
Lancaster Comedy Club at the Borough - Dalton Square
Sunday 25 May
Sunday 25 May
Ivan Brackenbury's Hospital Radio Roadshow, Ian D Montfort - Spirit Medium, Davey Connor, Ro Campbell
Multi-award winning character comedian Tom Binns will be opening and closing the show with his two best known characters Ivan Brackenbury, Ian D Montfort. Also on stage will be the fantastic Davey Connor and compere for the evening is Ro Campbell.
Doors open 7.30pm for 8pm start. Tickets: £7 in advance, £9 after 4pm on the day of the show or £12.50 including a meal beforehand. - Click here to buy your ticket (+10%bf).
Strictly over 18s. Very strong language. All acts are subject to change.
Monday 26 May
Martin 'Bigpig'-Mor's Funny Stuff for Happy People
Doors open 2.30pm for 3pm start
Kids! Do you need somewhere to take your adults without them getting bored and going in a huff? Bring them to Funny Stuff for Happy People, an hour of comedy, circus, storytelling, poetry and stupid science. Tickets: £2 - Click here to buy your ticket (+10%bf). Children must be accompanied by an adult.
T.V comedians Tom Stade and Justin Moorhouse return to the Lancaster Comedy Club to preview their brand new Edinburgh Fringe Festival shows Doors open 7.30pm for 8pm start. Tickets: £7 in advance, £9 after 4pm on the day of the show or £12.50 including a meal beforehand. Click here to buy your ticket (+10%bf). Strictly over 18s. Very strong language. Preview acts are subject to change.
The festival is brought to you by Lancaster Unlimited, our local Business Improvement District (BID).
For the full Laugh Out Lancaster programme go to