Hill’s Pet Nutrition is conducting a voluntary recall of limited production lots of certain Hill’s cat food pouches. The earliest these products were available for sale in the UK and the Republic of Ireland is December 2015.
Due to an error by an ingredient supplier, the products being recalled contain high levels of iron. Although an essential nutrient in a cat’s diet, too much iron may cause digestive upset, including diarrhea and vomiting, and have more serious health effects.
The issue in the UK and the Republic of Ireland is limited to the products and date codes listed below.
No other Hill’s products, or other date codes of the below products, in the UK and the Republic of Ireland are affected by the recall.
If you have purchased the recalled product, do not feed it to your cat, and consult your veterinarian in case of concern.
"At Hill’s we take great pride in the quality and safety of our pet food products," the company said in a statement. "We deeply regret this situation occurred and can assure you that we are working with our suppliers to further improve product safety procedures and prevent a similar mistake from happening again."
- Science Plan Feline Adult Light Ocean Fish 12x85g SKU: 2109PA Best Before Date: 07-2017
- Science Plan Feline Mature Ocean Fish 12x85g SKU: 2110PA Best Before Date: 10-2017
- Science Plan Feline Adult Light Favourite Selection Multipack 4 (12x85g) SKU: 2119V Best Before Date: 04-2017 & 07-2017
- Science Plan Feline Mature Adult Favourite Selection Multipack 4 (12x85g) SKU: 2120V Best Before Date: 08-2017
- Prescription Diet Feline c/d Stress Reduced Calorie Chicken 4 (12x85g) SKU: 2742U Best Before Date: 09-2017
- Science Plan Feline Young Adult Sterilised Cat Multipack 4 (12x85g) SKU: 3766V Best Before Date: 06-2017 & 10-2017
07 2017 xxx xx xxxx
HillsUKCustomerservices@hillspet.com for advice.